Here you will find some amazing recipes with options for vegan, vegetarian, or carnivore. I love home cooked savory flavors, and I always try to do healthy twists on classic foods as well as try new fun foods I may not have expected to love. But first here are some tips and tricks for maintaining a healthy diet even when you’re busy.
- Snack on fruits: While fruits do have sugar, but it’s also full of fiber, nutrients, and vitamins and so many amazing things for your body. Eating things that come from the earth will always promote wellness and a healthy lifestyle.
- Eat mindfully: Portion out your food, eat slowly, savor and enjoy it. If you sit in front of the TV with an entire bag of anything you will eat the entire bag, no matter what it is, never take the whole bag.
- Eat real food: If it has more than 5 ingredients and you don’t know what half of them are, than chances are it falls into the “food like substance”, this is a combination of additives, chemicals, filler, and seasoning designed to taste like food. Oddly we have access to plenty of real food but often choose the imitators. Buying locally sourced fresh fruits, vegetables and other products is cost effective and so much better for you. I like to make everything from granola to tomato sauce from scratch, it may be time consuming but it it allows you to cater your food to your own taste, and is almost always way tastier than anything from a can.
- Seasonings are your friend: When cooking healthy it is so important to learn about seasonings. Learn what ones you like and what foods to pair them with, seasonings can take healthy food from blah to BAM.
- Cheese is a crutch: Throwing cheese on top of something is lazy and uninspired, there are so many delicious tastes in the world and cheese is not the only ingredient that can make foo taste good. That being said, cheese is delicious and sometimes you just need cheese.
- Try new things: It is so important to be open to new foods when you are trying to change your eating habits. Having more options of foods that you enjoy will make it easier to maintain and maybe even enjoy your new healthy lifestyle.