Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
Yields: 1 1/2 cups
- 2 cups shelled peanuts
- 1-2 tbsp peanut oil (optional, used for creamier peanut butter)
- 1-2 tbsp honey or agave nectar (optional, use to taste)
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees and place the peanuts on a baking sheet lined with tin foil. Toast for 20 minutes or until golden and glossy with oil.
- Transfer peanuts to a food processor and pulse a few times until they are chopped, for chunky peanut butter remove 1/2 a cup and set aside.
- Pulse the rest for another minute and the scrape the sides down and pulse for another minute, then add the optional ingredients as needed and pulse for another minute or two until it is completely smooth. Add more extras to taste. If you set aside some chopped nuts for chunky peanut butter add them now.
- Transfer to a sealed container and store in the refrigerator. It will keep for several weeks.