Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour
Yields: 8 patties
- 1½ cup cooked and mashed sweet potatoes (2-3 sweet potatoes)
- ½ cup canned black beans, drained and rinsed
- ½ cup, cooked quinoa (I cook mine in veggie broth for added flavor)
- ½ cup oat flour, just rolled oats in a food processor until it’s fine like flour
- ⅓ cup cooked corn (I cut mine straight off the cob)
- 2 green onions, including the green parts, finely chopped
- 2 tbs red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 tbs cilantro, finely chopped
- 1/4 tsp chili powder
- ½ tsp cumin
- 1 tsp oregano
- ¼ tsp kosher salt
- pepper to taste
- olive oil
- Preheat oven to 350. Scrub, rinse, and pierce the sweet potatoes with a fork several times all over the potato. Bake sweet potatoes on a baking sheet lined with foil. Cook potatoes until fork tender or about 45 minutes. After potatoes cool, peel skin and mash with fork.
- In a large bowl add all ingredients, except oil.
- With a large spoon mix all ingredients together until all combined. Once all ingredients are mixed, mold 8 evenly sized veggie patties and place on wax paper for easy removal. (If you are freezing for later use wrap in wax paper and freeze)
- Now, heat olive oil in a non stick skillet over medium to medium high heat.
- With a spatula remove the sweet potato burgers from the wax paper and gently place them in the skillet.
- Once browned on bottom, flip over with a spatula. Adjust heat and add more oil as needed between batches. Cook until both sides have browned.