Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 2 large sweet potatoes
- 1 cup BBQ sauce of choice, I use Organicsville Original BBQ Sauce, you can probably find it at your local health food store.
- Toasted sandwich thins (you can use any bread, I like these because they are smaller and I try not to do too much bread)
- 1 tsp olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Shred sweet potatoes with a cheese grater, it should be about 5 cups.
- Heat the oil over medium heat in a large skillet. When hot add the shredded sweet potato and stir to distribute the oil, Sprinkle some salt. Cook like this for about 4-5 minutes.
- Once the sweet potato is browned in some spots, stir in the BBQ sauce. Reduce heat to medium-low and cook for about 10-15 minutes or until sweet potato is cooked to your preference. Stir occasionally.
- Serve a big scoop on a toasted sandwich thin, some simple cole slaw gives some good flavor and a nice crunch to the sandwich.
This is a vegan recipe, obviously you can make it great for any carnivore by adding pulled pork, either instead of the sweet potato or do half and half.