Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 45 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour
Serves: 2 – 3
- 2 red bell peppers
- 2 shallots, finely chopped
- 4 cloves of garlic
- Sea salt and ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 cups of almond milk
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1.5 tbsp cornstarch
- Pinch of red pepper flake
- 2 spiralized zucchinis
- 2-3 tbsp olive oil
- Heat oven to 500 degrees and roast peppers until charred, about 25 to 30 minutes. Cover in foil for 10 minutes the peel away skin, seeds, and stems and set aside.
- Saute zucchini until it starts to become soft, let cool then use a cheese cloth to drain excess water.
- While the red peppers are roasting saute shallots and garlic in olive oil until soft and golden brown, about 4-5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper and stir, then remove from heat and set aside.
- Combine shallots and garlic, roasted red peppers, almond milk, red pepper flake, nutritional yeast, and cornstarch to blender and blend until creamy smooth. Add red pepper flakes, basil, and salt and pepper to taste, be generous with seasonings.
- Once blended place sauce back in skillet over medium heat to thicken. Once it begins to simmer place on low and continue simmering.
- Once sauce has thickened to a creamy consistency add noodles and toss to coat.
- Serve with vegan parmesan cheese and generous amounts of basil.
This recipe is vegan, if you are just vegetarian you can add some dairy based cheese and use dairy milk, if you are a carnivore this would be great with some grilled chicken.